This post contains 3 copies of The Hook a left-wing rank and file workers’ bulletin of the Salford Docks.
They have given to me by my grandfather and as they are not available online anywhere else, here they are! Now they’ve been uploaded I intend to give them to the Working Class Movement Library in Salford.
Issue One (1971-74?)
- May 14th Strike Action
- Job losses on the docks
- Wage reductions on the docks
- Container Boats
- More Jobs losses
- Strike at Klein Bros in Salford
Issue Six (1974?)
- Nationalisation of the ports
- Christian Barnard
- Bristol Committee and Containerisation
- Industrial Relations Bill – TUC Retreat
- Frinkville Massacre and Vietnam War
- Dock Labour Scheme under attack
- Fight for a £37.50 wage
- Liverpool Dockers Union gets 100% control of hiring
- Defend The Ship Canal newspaper
- Modernisation and deconstruction of the Manchester dock
- History of the Dockers’ Union and why there are two trade unions representing dockers
- Joe Hill
- National Conference of Dock Shop Stewards
- Liverpool lead the way!